APCP members are encouraged to get actively involved in APCP activities and to promote membership to their colleagues.
APCP exists to promote and support the work of paediatric physiotherapists, ensuring that babies, children and young people receive the best possible care, enabling them to achieve their full potential.
The APCP membership is a thriving and dynamic network of over 2,400 paediatric physiotherapists from across the UK.
Existing benefits of membership include ...
- Access to courses / study days and Annual Conference at subsidised rates
- Access to all APCP publications - free or at subsidised rates
- Access to members' only content and resources on the APCP website
- Bi-annual peer reviewed Journal distributed in June and December
- Opportunity for peer support and networking via the regional networks
Inevitably, our usual programme of CPD events and Annual Conference were interrupted last year but our Specialist Committees managed to publish 5 new publications ...
- Guidance for Paediatric Physiotherapists Working with Surface Electrical Stimulation in Neurorehabilitation (April)
- Recommendations for Paediatric Respiratory Physiotherapy Care of the Complex Child in the Community (June)
- A Paediatric Musculoskeletal Competence Framework for Physiotherapists Working in the UK - The Knee (June)
- Guidance for Good Practice for Physiotherapists Working in Neonatal Care (November)
- (Updated) Guidelines for Nasopharyngeal Suction of a Child or Young Adult (December)
The Journal Editor and Editorial Board also published a Special 'Covid' Edition of the Journal in addition to the standard two Journal issues (June and December).
One the past few months we have also seen the development of two NEW member benefits ...
- Exclusive access to APCP short webinars and recorded webinars - free or for a minimal charge
- Eligibility to publish a listing in the APCP private practitioners' online directory
Actively Promoting Children's Physiotherapy
We'd encourage all members to actively engage in the work and activities of APCP, to help promote both APCP and the profession. There are many ways in which you can get involved ...
- Volunteer for an APCP Committee ... committee vacancies are generally advertised between July - September each year, although we are still seeking members to join the Northern Ireland, South East and Trent Regional Committees
- Promote membership to your colleagues ... expanding the membership consolidates our financial sustainability, helps to extend our reach and enhances our profile
- Share your news ... we need to get better at sharing our own successes ... this might be new service development, feedback from courses attended, volunteering experiences, awards, etc. Please submit these to your Region via the Regional pages or to the Newsletter Editor.
Moving forward we hope to develop more networking opportunities to involve more members in project work and so, as these opportunities arise, please consider getting involved.
Promoting APCP membership to your colleagues
We are asking all members to actively promote membership to their colleagues to help us achieve our goal of 3,000 members by 2025.
The annual subscription fee is just £45.00 for all qualified physiotherapists in the UK and overseas (high-income countries).
We also offer a reduced rate of £20.00 annual subscription for the following categories ...
- Physiotherapists on matrnity leave / career break
- Retired physiotherapists
- (NEW) Physiotherapists living and working in low & middle income countries
- Therapy assistants / support workers
Number of subscribers: 1