This new guideline covers children and young people in primary and secondary education (key stages 1 to 5). It also covers people 25 years and under with special educational needs or disability in further education.
The guidance aims to ensure education settings:
• value social, emotional and mental wellbeing
• identify students experiencing difficulties and offer them help if needed
• provide support that suits each child’s background and needs
• give students help to cope with important changes happening in their lives
• involve parents, carers and students in discussions about how to improve wellbeing.
For more information see https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng223
Number of subscribers: 1