One of APCP's objectives is to encourage research and development in paediatric physiotherapy and related fields to enhance the evidence base of physiotherapy.
APCP Research & Education Bursaries are available to support members' clinical research and post-graduate research related education.
The first round of bursaries have been awarded and we are now accepting applications for the remaining awards (deadline for submissions 20th September 2021)
The following Research & Education bursaries are available for 2021.
|Research Bursaries||Education Bursaries|
|1 x £500||1 x £500|
|2 x £750||2 x £750|
|1 x £1,000||1 x £1,000|
|1 x £2,000||1 x £2,000|
2021 Awards Schedule
First round of applications: 1st November 2020 - 1st February 2021
Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of March 2021.
Second round of applications*: 1st April 2021 - 20th September 2021
Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application by the end of November 2021.
* Unless all bursaries have been awarded following the first round of applications
Only APCP members are eligible to apply for APCP Research & Education Bursaries.
- Postgraduate research related education i.e. research skills, research modules
- Essential research related equipment and resources includes transcription, software and expert services (not those already available from your course/program)
- Travel – essential for data collection (researcher+/or participants) or to support dissemination at quality national or international conferences
- CPD Courses
- Salaries/backfill – for researcher or assistants
- Travel – commuting
For £500 and £750 Awards
- Contribution to the APCP E-newsletter, Journal or conference (minimum is an article for the Newsletter)
For £1000 and £2000 Awards
- Must include empirical data collection and output
- Journal article with recommendation to submit APCP conference abstract
For All Awards
- Full acknowledgement of APCP on all dissemination
- Deadline for mandatory contribution is 2 years or bursary given must be reimbursed
See here for the full Terms and Conditions for APCP Research and Education Bursaries.
See here for details of past award winners.