Speakers and Learning Outcomes
- EHCPs - A Local Authority Perspective (Jacqui Old - Director of Children's and Adult Services for North Tyneside Council)
- The Legal Implications of EHCPs – Your Responsibilities and Accountabilities as an AHP (Rachel Smurthwaite - Solicitor, Irwin Mitchell)
- Writing EHCPs - an AHP Perspective (Speaker to be confirmed)
- Understand health care professional’s legal responsibility and accountability for contributions provided to an education, health and care plan:
- Implications on the child, family and the service
- What happens if the EHCP is appealed / if it is challenged in court
- Understand EHCP from a professional point of view:
- What is considered to be best practice
- Understand the different sections of an EHCP and how professionals contribute to these
- How to ensure your contributions reflect patient needs and outcomes are SMART focussed
- Understand what local authority expectations are for the EHCP process.
- Networking with AHP peers across the region to share best practice/generate ideas.
The morning's programme will be followed by a networking lunch (12.30pm - 1.15pm) sponsored by Irwin Mitchell.