'We want to change our profession and our organisation to create equity, diversity and a true sense of belonging for everyone. I urge all members to take a look and see how you can play your part in this.' Alex McKenzie (CSP, Chair of Council)
In alignment with the CSP's Equity, Diversity and Belonging (EDB) Strategy, APCP is committed to supporting equity, diversity and belonging, and opposing discrimination. We believe that EDB is crucial to enhance the quality of engagement with our members and the children, young people and families who we provide care for.
The APCP EDB Group was formed in 2021 to provide strategic leadership and influence for the APCP in supporting EDB.
The EDB Group has identified 4 key objectives:
- To support a paediatric physiotherapy profession that reflects the diversity in society.
- To encourage and enable members with different needs, identities, backgrounds and experiences to be active and engage with the APCP.
- To challenge and remove structural barriers within our organisation to achieving equity of opportunities and experience for everyone.
- To support the delivery of equitable and accessible healthcare to those who access paediatric physiotherapy services
The Group, chaired by Barry Johnstone, plans to meet bi-monthly in 2022 to continue provide leadership and influence to the APCP in supporting EDB, and to continue to develop a strategy for positive change.
Membership of the group is open to any member of the APCP who has a passion for improving EDB issues. Anyone interested in joining the group should contact email@example.com.
Meeting Dates 2022
- Wednesday, 16th February 2022 (7.30pm - 9.00pm) via Zoom
- Wednesday, 13th April 2022 (7.30pm - 9.00pm) via Zoom - EDB Group members
- Wednesday, 22nd June 2022 (7.30pm - 9.00pm) via Zoom - TBC
- Wednesday, 24th August 2022 (7.30pm - 9.00pm) via Zoom - TBC
- Wednesday, 19th October 2022 (7.30pm - 9.00pm) via Zoom - TBC
- Wednesday, 7th December 2022 (7.30pm - 9.00pm) via Zoom - TBC