Activity Alliance is the operating name for the English Federation of Disability Sport (EFDS). We bring organisations and disabled people together to make active lives possible. Collectively, we continue to challenge perceptions and change the reality of disability, inclusion and sport.
Information about all of Activity Alliance's activites can be found on their website.
- Activity Alliance events page - provides information about local, regional and national events
- Activity Alliance research page - some areas of research which may be of interest include:
- 1. The Activity Trap: Benefits or being fit?
- 2. Encouraging more disabled people to volunteer in sport.
- 3. Showing the benefits of adapted sports.
- 4. Sport England's Active Lives
There are other resources available including:
- Sainsbury’s Active Kids for All Inclusive PE Training Programme information - free training for teachers, teaching staff, trainee teachers, classroom assistants, learning support assistants and special educational needs co-ordinators to ensure all pupils are engaged and make good progress in PE
- http://www.activityalliance.org.uk/ Inclusive gyms