APCP is one of the CSP's largest Professional Networks and continues to thrive with a membership of approximately 2,200 paediatric physiotherapists from across the UK plus a growing number of overseas members.
The original aims and objectives remain and continue to be actively pursued with the Association's profile and achievements growing year-on-year as evidenced by its increasing membership, the popularity of Annual Conference and other training events, and the increased professionalism of its Journal and other publications.
In addition to the Regional networks, APCP has developed a number of Specialist Groups to bring together expertise in specific clinical and occupational fields within paediatric physiotherapy.
The Association of Paediatric Chartered Physiotherapists objectives are:
- to provide a forum to promote the exchange of ideas between those interested in paediatrics;
- to promote best practice for those working with children and young people;
- to promote and facilitate continuous professional development and educational opportunities in paediatric physiotherapy;
- to encourage research and development in paediatric physiotherapy and related fields to enhance the evidence base of physiotherapy;
- to develop and maintain links with other relevant organisations in the UK and overseas;
- to represent paediatric physiotherapy on behalf of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy;
- to promote the role and benefits of paediatric physiotherapy.
CURRENT KEY OBJECTIVES AND STRATEGIES ARE DETAILED IN THE APCP FIVE YEARS PLANS FOR 2015-2020
Visit the APCP Committee pages for further information about APCP Committee and committee members.