This course is aimed at therapists starting out in the world of Neonatal Care, looking to seek opportunities in Neonatal Care or for more experienced staff looking for a refresher of basic principles.
The course will cover the impact of prematurity and the pathologies associated with maturing body systems. It will also cover preterm development and the impact on parents, along with the principles of family integrated care, the medical vulnerability of the preterm infant in addition to information about preparation for discharge home
- To consolidate learning from online HEE modules
- To practice and demonstrate basic strategies for handling and positioning in the neonatal population
- To gain a basic understanding of typical and atypical movements and responses
- Develop basic strategies to promote normal development
- To apply existing knowledge and skill to basic respiratory case studies
- To network with other neonatal physiotherapists and gain an understanding of career progression within neonatal physiotherapy.
This is a HYBRID course, completion of the Health Education England Neonatal Physiotherapy modules online is required before attendance at the face-to-face day.