APCP are excited to be offering a brand new course, developed by the MSK Committee. The MSK Foundation Course will be online, one webinar a week for 10 weeks and hosted by our experts in the field.
The webinars will be recorded and available for catch up, in case delegates have diary clashes.
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at physiotherapists who are new to treating children with MSK conditions. This might include:
- Adult MSK physios who usually treat adults but sometimes are required to see children
- Band 5 or new band 6 physios who are new to paediatrics
- Paediatric physios who generally treat children with neurological problems, but sometimes treat children with MSK issues
It is not reccommended for experienced MSK practitioners.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand skeletal and psychosocial development and how this impacts MSK treatment
- Understand the safeguarding responsibilities when treating children and young people (CYP)
- Have an understanding of basic assessment and treatment principles for CYP with MSK conditions
- Have an understanding of common MSK issues found within CYP practice including gait anomalies, growth related issues, trauma and orthopaedic pathologies, rheumatology and inflammatory conditions, neonatal MSK presentations and pain management
Week 1 (September 18th) Paediatric Growth
Week 2 (September 25th) Paediatric MSK Assessment Principles
Week 3 (October 2nd) Neonatal MSK Management
Week 4 (October 9th) Normal Variants
Week 5 (October 16th) Safeguarding and consent in paediatric physiotherapy
Week 6 (October 23rd) Paediatric pain management
Week 7 HALF TERM BREAK
Week 8 (November 6th) Paediatric Trauma and Orthopaedics
Week 9 (November 13th) Growth Related Injuries in children and young people
Week 10 (November 20th) Paediatric Rheumatology
Week 11 (November 27th) Paediatric MSK Treatment Principles
PLEASE BOOK HERE- all course fees must be paid before the event
BOOKING CLOSES ON 3RD SEPTEMBER 2023 OR WHEN THE COURSE IS FULLY BOOKED. PLACES ARE LIMITED TO 60 DELEGATES, PLEASE BOOK EARLY TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.