The Respiratory Committee have developed his foundation level course for paediatric physiotherapists.
About this Event
By the end of the course participants should:
- have a revised knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the respiratory system including paediatric differences
- be able to explain why children with complex health needs are at greater risk of respiratory compromise and morbidity
- be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of a paediatric respiratory assessment, subjective and objective
- be able to use clinical reasoning and evidence based practice to identify relevant airway clearance techniques appropriate for the individual child
- have gained a theoretical and practical knowledge of cough adjuncts and non-invasive ventilation
- be able to understand and identify any precautions and contraindications to treatment techniques
- have gained a greater understanding of the role of a community respiratory physiotherapist and how this fits into the wider MDT.
Refreshments and light lunch included