Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs) - Guidance, implications and legislation for paediatric therapists.
About this Event
An interactive sessions looking at EHCPs with speaker looking at the process from different perspectives:
- Local Authority Perspective - Debra Vis (Acting Head of Assessment Resource)
- Legal Perspective - James Betts (Irwin Mitchell Solictors)
- AHP Perspective - Jenny Grimes (Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist)
1) Understand health care professional’s legal responsibility and accountability for contributions provided to an education, health and care plan:
- Implications on the child, family and the service
- What happens if the EHCP is appealed / if it is challenged in court
2) Understand EHCP from a professional point of view:
- What is considered to be best practice
- Understand the different sections of an EHCP and how professionals contribute to these
- How to ensure your contributions reflect patient needs and outcomes are SMART focussed
3) Understand what local authority expectations are for the EHCP process.
4) Networking with AHP peers across the region to share best practice/generate ideas.
Lunch and refreshments provided.