A Better Understanding of Children with Cerebral Palsy and Similar Neuro-developmental Conditions and Principles to Improve their Co-ordination
A 2-day course designed for therapists who are specialists in paediatrics and want to learn how to become highly skilled clinical therapists in relation to children with Cerebral Palsy and similar neurological conditions and movement disorders.
To introduce participants to:
- The MAES Therapy framework: a specific framework for identifying the relationship between skills and tasks and its relevance in understanding the reasons for atypical patterns of coordination for each child with Cerebral Palsy.
- An understanding of why missing specific components of coordination have long-term consequences on the ability to participate in activities of everyday life (including mobility, self-care, play and communication).
- Appreciate the necessity of providing the child with a different path for development by acting on the process of development rather than the obvious symptoms.
- Understand the application of the MAES Therapy framework to develop individualised treatment strategies for each child.
- Understand the need for therapists to develop a wide repertoire of strategies to enable the child to learn new ways that he would have difficulty with, or would not be able to develop on his own.
REGISTER HERE to book your place