This lecture is for paediatric physiotherapists and occupational therapists and is being jointly hosted by the APCP London Region and CYPF London.
This event will also be available as a recorded lecture to view after the event - a weblink link will be sent out to you 48 hours after the event and you'll have 10 days to watch it - on a desktop/laptop.
Lecture bookings for physiotherapists and occupational therapists are being managed separately by APCP / CYPF respectively - physiotherapists and physiotherapy students wishing to attend the lecture should register using the booking link at the bottom of this page.
Access to the online video for both physiotherapist and occupational therapists is being managed by CYPF via the CYPF Eventbrite listing - HERE.
Speakers and Learning Outcomes
- Dt Betty Hutchon DSc MRCOT - Head of Children's Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust; Consultant Neurodevelopmental Therapist, UCLH; Honorary Lecturer, Institute of Child Health UCL
- Explore the evidence base for early intervention for children with developmental concerns in the context of occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Explore how multi-faceted interventions may be the best option and discuss a clinical reasoning framework for practitioners to develop appropriate intervention programmes consisting of evidence-based key ingredients
- Present the work of a UK multi-disciplinary group and parents to identify current challenges, themes and evidence in early intervention to identify core elements necessary to address the needs of high-risk infants and their families
- Present EI SMART as a proposed new framework for OTs, PTs and SLTs