A workshop for physiotherapists and occupational therapists working in paediatrics with the opportunity to practice common applications to the upper and lower limbs (all materials provided).
PLEASE NOTE: the workshops will be biased towards children with increased or reduced muscle tone.
Speakers and Learning Outcomes
- Gudrun Collins - Physiotherapist and Kinesiotape Tutor
- Understand the properties of Kinesiotape and the contraindications, precautions and considerations relevant to the paediatric population
- Understand correct application technique including preparation, position, pull and direction of the tape
- Develop confidence in handling of the tape
- Understand different uses of tape, with main focus being facilitation of weak muscles and inhibition of overactive muscles
- Practice common applications to the upper and lower limb such as: drop foot, knee hyper-extension, thumb in palm, facilitation of supination of forearm, facilitation of wrist extension or deviation, postural correction, e.g. abdominals / trunk extension
Whilst there will be a degree of flexibility in the workshop session there will also be the option to buy the manual which describes many more applications.