A study day looking at what community therapists need to know before and after SDR surgery ... including a workshop on muscle strengthening.
About this Event
This study day will be presented by Stephanie Cawker (Physiotherapy Lead for Neuro-disabilities and SDR Clinical Co-ordinator, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children NHS Foundation Trust) and Katharine Mead (Paediatric Physiotherapist, Suffolk), and will also include a presetnation from a parent / child.
Learning outcomes include ...
- Understand the referral criteria for SDR and funding eligibility
- Learn which assessment tools GOSH use and goal setting
- Understand community rehabilitation recommendations pre and post surgery
- Learn about SDR outcomes and specific issues during the first 2 years post surgery
- Gain an understanding of causes of muscle weakness in CP
- Review current guidelines for exercise prescription in children with CP
- Explore ideas for strengthening when working with children post SDR
- Gain an understanding of the child and family perspective