APCP is currently seeking nominations for vacancies on some of the APCP Specialist Committees.
All full members of APCP are eligible for election to Specialist Committees, although we recommend that you should have at least 3-5 years of experience working in the relevant clinical field.
This is an opportunity for you to help influence the work and activities of APCP in your specialty and offers you an excellent opportunity to expand your networks and to represent the views of your colleagues.
What are the Specialist Committees?
- APCP has a number of Specialist Committees focusing on specific clinical / occupational fields within paediatric physiotherapy. Each Specialist Committee is comprised of nationally elected members and is represented at National Committee by a Specialist Committee Representative.
The objectives of Specialist Committees ...
- to present the views of the Specialist Committee at National Committee via the elected Specialist Committee Representative;
- to promote the Association and paediatric physiotherapy;
- to provide a forum for clinical networking, peer support, and continuing professional development (CPD) through study days and courses;
- to develop and promote the use of evidence based practice;
- to develop and maintain links with relevant organisations within the field.
What does being a member of a Specialist Committee involve?
Committee members are expected to attend committee meetings (normally 2-4 per year) and to participate in activities to advance the objectives of the Specialist Committee.
Members are elected to serve a four-year term on a Specialist Committee and are are eligible to stand for a second four-year term if they wish. Members who have served 8 years on a Specialist Committee must then stand down from that committee for at least two years.
The nomination process
We are currently seeking nominations for the following Specialist Committees ...
- Neurodisability Committee - specifically in the South West and North West regions
- Musculoskeletal Committee
- Neonatal Committee
- PPIPS Committee - specifically to represent Limited Companies, Research and Higher Education and Wales region.
There are currently no vacancies on the Respiratory Committee or Neuromuscular Committee but we are always happy to take contact details should you be interested in the future.
Members should nominate themselves but will be required, where possible, to provide the names of 2 APCP members who will support their nomination.
If more nominations than vacancies are received an email ballot of existing Specialist Committee members will be required.
The information you enter below will be used to support your nomination in this process.
Successful candidates will officially join the Specialist Committee from November 2019.
NOMINATION DEADLINE: Friday 11 October 2018.