APCP is currently seeking nominations for vacancies on the National Committee. The National Committee consists of up to 16 nationally elected committee members, including a number of specified officers.
All full APCP members of APCP are eligible for election to National Committee, although we recommend that members with less than 5 years paediatric experience consider joining their Regional Committees to gain further experience.
Ideally the committee needs representation from across all geographical areas and from a broad range of clinical backgrounds.
This is an opportunity for APCP members to help influence the work and activities of APCP and offers you an excellent opportunity to expand your networks and to represent the views of your colleagues.
- to provide a forum to promote the exchange of ideas between those interested in paediatrics
- to promote best practice for those working with children and young people
- to promote and facilitate continuous professional development and educational opportunities in paediatric physiotherapy
- to encourage research and development in paediatric physiotherapy and related fields to enhance the evidence base of physiotherapy
- to develop and maintain links with other relevant organisations in the UK and overseas
- to represent paediatric physiotherapy on behalf of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP)
- to promote the role and benefits of paediatric physiotherapy
- Committee members are expected to attend 3 National Committee Committee meetings each year (including 1 working weekend) and to attend the APCP National Conference. They are also expected to hold office at some stage during their first term of office and will be expected to engage in additional activities / projects between meetings.
Members are elected to serve a four-year term on National Committee and are are eligible to stand for a second four-year term. Members who have served 8 years on National Committee must then stand down for at least two years.
Members should nominate themselves but will be required, where possible, to provide the names of 2 APCP members who will support their nomination.
Where more nominations than vacancies are received, successful nominees will be selected by the current National Committee members. The information you enter below will be used to support your nomination in this process.
Successful candidates will officially join the APCP National Committee from the beginning of 2020.
If you have any questions about joining the National Committee or about your nomination, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination deadline: Friday, 20th September 2019